Earl Gray Butter Cookies w/Blueberry Buttercream Frosting
For the Cookies:
♡ 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
♡ 1 egg
♡ 1 cup sugar
♡ 2 cups all-purpose flour
♡ 1 tsp vanilla
♡ ½ tsp salt
♡ 3 earl grey tea bags
For the Frosting:
♡ ½ cup butter, softened
♡ 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
♡ ¼ cup frozen blueberries
♡ milk, as needed
1. Blend the butter and earl grey tea leaves together and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours, longer is fine. This step can be skipped and the tea can be added with the sugar depending on how much time you have.
2. Preheat the oven to 400° F (~200° C). Chill a 8 inch baking pan in the freezer.
3. Blend butter, egg, sugar, and salt until creamy. Add flour and vanilla extract and mix on low until the mixture starts to clump together.
4. Divide dough in half, and press into the ungreased pan using your hands until it’s evenly spread and about ¼ inch thick.
6. Bake at 400° F until the edges turn golden, roughly 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes before lifting onto a cutting board. Cut into squares and place on a wire cooling rack using a spatula. Repeat with other half of dough.
For the Buttercream
1. place 1/4 cup frozen blueberries into a pan and heat until bubbling and thick. Strain through mesh if you want a finer texture, and cool completely
2. beat butter until smooth, then begin folding in the powdered sugar, until it comes together.
3. mix a bit of the buttercream into the blueberry sauce until blended, then gradually add to the rest of the buttercream.
4. whip until fluffy, adding a bit of milk if it becomes too thick.